Mid-career college educated professional with degrees in photography & graphic design. I thrive in team based roles where my photographic & interpersonal skills are utilized to their extent. In-depth knowledge of image capture using DSLR. Video and post production using DSLR cameras & Final Cut X. Strength in post-production using Adobe Photoshop. Adept at Learning on the Fly.
Editorial Photographer, zulily Inc.
Seattle WA, January 2015 – Present
- Shooting a variety of products for sale with various lighting, backgrounds and layouts. On and off model styling for apparel, footwear, accessories, home decor, toys, books, kitchen
- Establish appropriate lighting to meet shot composition needs. Ensure consistency across zulily brand and style guidelines.
- Concept in partnership with stylist to create and develop ideas for editorial and lifestyle imagery.
- Work with models from newborn to adult - direct their movement and placement on set.
- Customer/talent relations and on set execution - communication with models.
- Curate shot options to select final event imagery.
Senior Product Photographer, zulily Inc.
Seattle WA, April 2013 – December 2014
- Produce high volumes of product images while following brand standards
- Collaboration with photo stylists, studio leads, fellow photographers, buyers & others to produce consistent high-quality images
- Assist with photo & computer equipment maintenance to minimize down time
- Provide photographers feedback to elevate standards and consistency
- Test new equipment and software versions to allow the product studio to continue growing efficiency / quality
Owner, Tack Photography
Grand Rapids MI, New York NY, Seattle WA, July 2007 – Present
- Conduct client meetings to secure photography contracts
- Produce & present professional, high-quality images to clients in a timely manner
- Provide photo & video services for events with up to 1500 attendees including but not limited to weddings, portraits, editorial, corporate meetings/parties, & live music
- Experience shooting both on location and photo studios (utilizing natural, portable speed-light, hot light, & strobe lights)
Various Roles, Apple Inc.
Grand Rapids MI, New York NY, Seattle WA, June 2005 – July 2012
- Facilitation of new employee training and existing employee developmental training for the WA market (6 stores)
- Mentor store team of 75+ individuals with leadership development and effective team building
- Deliver coaching and fearless feedback to peers & managers to create team strength and unity
- Lead innovation and change through partnership with Apple Corporate partners & Apple Retail stores
- User Accessibility Testing of the Apple Store App (Software Quality Assurance)
- Oversaw team of 30+ to deliver over 10,000 training sessions annually
- Orchestrated presentations & workshops on consumer and professional applications including iLife, iWork, Final Cut Pro, & Aperture
- Worked with over 10,000 individuals including small and large business owners, students, celebrities & consumers
- Facilitate educational opportunities to thousands of individuals annually through the One to One program
- Simplified complex technology concepts to allow customer & employee understanding
Photography Assistant, Meleski Productions
Saginaw MI, August 2003 – August 2007
- Assist with studio management by ensuring computer, camera & lighting equipment was in working order
- Organized and managed physical & digital assets for clients including but not limited to Dow Chemical, Delphi, & the Cici Carter Collections (jewelry)
- Lighting & equipment setup for commercial and stock photography shoots
- Photo retouching
- Expertise with both traditional (film) as well as digital imaging
Kendall College of Art and Design, Grand Rapids MI
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Graphic Design, August 2007
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Photography, August 2007
Delta College, University Center MI
- Associates in Applied Arts, Electronic Media/Graphic Design, April 2004
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Capture One
- Aperture (Apple Certified)
- Final Cut Studio (Apple Certified Final Cut Pro & DVD Studio Pro)
- iWork / Microsoft Office
- Mac OS X (practical & troubleshooting) - Apple Certified
- iOS (extensive experience from both a practical & technical standpoint) - Apple Certified
Awards & Activities
- Volunteer, SkiHawks Racing Team / Outdoors For All, 2012 – Present
- Special Olympics of WA: Volunteer 2012 – Present
- Order of the Arrow Lodge Chief, BSA August 2002 – August 2004
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America (BSA) 2002
- Special Olympics of MI: Coach 2000-2006, Volunteer 1994 – 1999